Discount Card: Hits & Misses

Discount cards are every woman's (and their boyfriend's) dream. Why? Because we live in Dubai where majority of our time is spent outdoors and to do that we seem to go through our entire paycheck in a matter of minutes. Discount cards, help make this entire process of planning a day out much simpler and less damaging to our bank accounts. Here's a list of 4 cards, 2 that are worth having and 2 more that you shouldn't waste your time applying for. Again, these opinions are subjective and I can only speak from my own experience.

HITS

GRAZIA INSIDER CARD

Ask any young woman what her favourite store in the UAE is and one (or all) of the following will definitely be in the mix; American Eagle, Topshop, New Look, River Island and the list goes on and on. But what if I told you, you could go shop at all these stores and more and not leave with an empty wallet? (Unless that was your intention).
Introducing (for all of you who weren't aware of its existence) the Grazia Insider card. This card gives all holders a 20% discount at a number of popular clothing stores in the Emirates. All you have to do it visit the site http://www.grazia.ae , register for the card and it should be sent to you in a week or two. The site also provides you with a list of stores where the card is acceptable.
Sadly, Forever 21 isn't part of this scheme! But we can all hope that it might happen in the future (never say never...)

They have actually stopped registration for a while but they will be up and running soon, keep checking the site because this is a card that is worth waiting for! I highly recommend you get it as soon as you can!


DUBAI CITY CARD

This card is appropriate for all you club going foodies out there! With this city card you are eligible for discounts at some of the most popular restaurants/pubs in Dubai like Belgian Beer Cafe, Ceaser's bakery, Millions of Milkshakes, Sublime bar, Time Cafe and many more. For the entire list check
http://www.timeoutdubai.com/citycard/search/all-locations?pagelimit=25

You can also register for the card on TimeOut Dubai (website)



PULP JUICE CARD

I'm a HUGE fan of juice bars and Pulp is one of my favorites and what makes them even more special is that they have a loyalty card. Whenever you pick up a juice present your card to them and they will stamp it for you. Once you get 8 stamps you get one juice free. This isn't a one of a kind card and it really makes you think whether it's worth getting 8 juices just to get 1 free but if you're a regular at Pulp and you really like your juices then I would suggest you ask them for a loyalty card on your next trip there! Most juice places have their own loyalty cards, so I would recommend asking them if they have one when you visit. It doesn't hurt to ask and if they do have one it will be highly beneficial to you in the long run!


MISSES

AIR MILES


I've been using this card ever since it first came out and I haven't seen the point of it yet! I haven't utilized any of my points to pick up products because I just feel like you require a lot of points in order to pick up a small product. Maybe it's just me but Airmiles definitely goes down as one of the most pointless loyalty cards in my book!
To register for Air Miles you can visit their website
http://www.airmilesme.com


In my opinion, card like Air Miles and Shukran Rewards are the most pointless. I don't like cards that don't give me any immediate benefits. And point schemes go down as being really irritating and useless in my books! Plus they constantly feel the need to bombard you with emails that just take up unnecessary space in your inbox (Air Miles don't do this much anymore!)
Again, this post is just based on my opinion and I bet there are many of you who will disagree with me about certain things! If you have your own experiences to share why not leave me a comment below, maybe I'm missing something!

Love,
N

2 comments:

  1. The Man with the Zebra TattooOctober 27, 2012 at 11:20 PM

    A good tip to suit my current lifestyle

    " Poor but not Cheap"

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that! I ended giving what ever I had on my airmiles to the charity thing they had on there!
    I'll definitely get me one those Grazia cards though! ^-^

    ReplyDelete