Christmas Time, Mistletoe & Wine

December has got to be one of my favourite months of the year mainly due to the fact that it consists two of the best occasions, Christmas and New Year's Eve. Nothing better than decorating the tree before Christmas then waking up to the wonderful aromas of the mother's cooking in the morning and the excitement of opening up those colorful presents that seem to occupy a perfect spot under the tree.

This Christmas, however, I wasn't feeling much of this joy. Maybe it's because I had to work on college stuff throughout and didn't really feel like a 'holiday' to me. That feeling changed come Christmas morning when I handed my parents their gifts. There's nothing better than looking at the positive reactions, of the people you love most, as they open up the presents that you worked so hard to think for and wrap :) Then going to friends houses and wishing them and spending time with them. Christmas seems to bring, along with it, extra joy and happiness into our lives regardless of whether you celebrate it or not. My parents also got me an Android tablet which I love very much! (my dad has become quite generous when it comes to giving gifts. Christmas miracle? Let's see what he comes up with next year before I decide.)

Little Lou also seemed to love his Xmas present from me.

Pre Christmas lunch at a friend's house marked the beginning of the festive season for me and tonight marked the end of Christmas after a lunch (and Secret Santa revelations) at mine. Thank you everyone for coming and making this Christmas (like others) one to remember :) x

1 comment: